ENGAGING DOCTOR LUKE
WITNESSES LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT
When you allow God to work in your life, His Holy Spirit leads you – to the Right Places & the Right People; always to fulfil His Kingdom’s work.
READING ACTS 16
1. What are some of your thoughts about how God works when you consider events in Acts 16 concerning Paul, after what seemed like Barnabas & Paul split in disagreement (Acts 15)? (Consider: a) Meeting Timothy & Lydia, b) Ministry in Derbe, Lystra, Phrygia, Galatia & the towns, & Philippi)
2. Acts 16:6-10. Paul was every keen to go to the East. How do you think the Holy Spirit stopped Paul from going to the East? What did the vision of the Macedonian Man mean? What do you think would have been the consequence if Paul had disobeyed (this is an important question)?
3. What are some personality of Timothy & Lydia you are able to know from this passage?
4. Acts 16 tells of the salvation of 3 persons, Lydia, the female slave & the jailor. Write down the 3 ways each received salvation. Think about the ways people can hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ? (There is one KEY element**)
5. Acts 16:16-40. What is the result of Paul & Silas suffering for the Gospel? What effect did it have on the other believers?
Have you ever desired to do something but seem to be stopped because you know God has other plans? How did God direct you to His plan? Or did you persist to follow your own desires (what were the results)? Journal your thoughts.
** There is a KEY element that is necessary for the Gospel to be heard. Read Romans 10:14-15. Fill in the blank – “The KEY element is _____”.