ENGAGING DOCTOR LUKE
TRANSFORMED – WITNESS THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
If you were a first century Christian, would you have expected Saul of Tarsus to be one of you? In the passage is the powerful story of a very unlikely convert.
READING ACTS 9:1-22
1. Acts 9:1-2. What was Saul’s relationship with the early believers? What feelings would the Believers have of him? (Ref Death of Stephen in Acts 7)
2. Acts 9:3-9. What happened to Saul on his journey? If you were Saul, what are your feelings?
3. Acts 9:10-16. What did the Lord tell Ananias to do? How did Ananias respond? How did Jesus respond to Ananias?
4. Acts 9: 17-20. What happened when Ananias obeyed Jesus? How did Saul respond? What happens when we obey Jesus, and give someone the same grace & mercy Jesus gave us?
5. Acts 9: 21-22 How did the Disciples in Damascus & the Jews respond to the Saul? What changed in Saul’s life?
The Gospel story is about God giving you and I second chances. Put yourself in Ananias’s place and imagine what he was feeling in this passage. We may not have the best opinion of someone; or this person may even have hurt others in the church community. But if Jesus tells us to do what Ananias did, will you obey? We ARE called to be witnesses of Christ Jesus, and extensions of His grace & love. To whom can you be an “Ananias” this week? Is there a young Christian you can encourage to grow? Who knows, Jesus may be asking you to be instrumental in raising the next Paul (Saul).