ENGAGING DOCTOR LUKE
WITNESSES TO ALL TYPES – RACE, RELIGION, GENDER, SOCIAL STATUS
Is the Gospel only for the Jews? Or Gentiles? Only Men? Only the Poor? Do you choose to whom you will witness the Gospel to?
READING ACTS 17
1. Name the places Paul and his team brought the Gospel to in Acts 17. Who did they preach to?
2. Why do you think there was an emphasis on women believing? How did Luke describe these women? (Homework: what is significant about naming Damaris in v34)
3. How did the following respond to the message of the Gospel – a) Jews (v5-9; v13), b) the Bereans (v10 – 12), c) Epicurean and Stoic philosophers (v18 – 20; v32-34)? What does this tell you about sharing the Gospel?
4. What lesson we can learn from the Bereans (v 10 -12)?
5. If you are Jason, how would you feel? What does this tell you about following Jesus? Are you ready to be a Jason?
As you journey with Paul in Acts, is God showing you the people who need to know Jesus; who need the saving grace of God; who need the love of God? Name them one by one and commit them to prayer. The wonderful thing is, you do not have to travel very far to witness to them.