ENGAGING DOCTOR LUKE
WITNESSES TO, AND THROUGH, THE POWER OF JESUS
Ever asked for something and received more than you could imagine? Become Witnesses to, and through, the power of Jesus!
READING ACTS 3:1-26
1. How does Luke describe the condition and situation of the beggar in v2?
2. Think about the actions of Peter in v 3-8. What can you learn from this account about ministering to someone in need? What details does Luke give in v 7-9 to let us know that this is a miracle?
3. What was the reaction of the crowd in v 10-11? Why were the people doubtful of the miracle (as Peter anticipated in v 12)?
4. From v13 to v15, contrast the titles Peter uses to designate Jesus, with the horrendous ways the people treated him. What “excuse” do they have (v17)? What was Peter doing?
5. In v 19-23, how should we respond to Jesus Christ? What are the benefits? What will happen if we do not respond accordingly?
Read Peter’s speech v12 - 26. What are the promises of God that are mentioned? What are the promises Jesus have already fulfilled, are fulfilling presently, and will fulfil in the future? What do these promises mean to your journey with Jesus?
Peter and John not only brought a “blessing” of healing to this lame man; they delivered the “blessing” of the good news to those who heard their message. How can you cease the moment and be an instrument of God’s blessing to the people you meet this week?