ENGAGING DOCTOR LUKE
WITNESSES MOVING HERE AND THERE
Have you ever wondered about your coming and going? Many of us constantly wonder if we are at the centre of God’s plan for our lives. Today’s study show Witnesses being moved by God. Can we learn something about who God is and how He works??
READING ACTS 18
1. Name the Believers Paul met in Acts 18. Where did they come from? What did Paul do with each of them? What resulted for the lives of these Believers?
2. v3-4. What do ‘tentmakers’ do? Should God’s servants be bi-vocational (ie work a ‘trade’ and serve); or should they be financially supported by fellow believers?
3. v6-8. When Paul said he would leave the Jews, how far did he have to “go to the Gentiles”? How far do you have to go and share the Gospel to a foreigner? What does v8 tell you about the Gospel to the Jews?
4. v9-11. Read carefully the words God spoke to Paul in the vision. How do these words apply to you (since all of us are called to share the Gospel)?
5. (v3) Aquila & Pricilla came to Corinth from Italy; (v5) Silas and Timothy came from Macedonia; (v18-23) Paul stayed in Corinth for a time and then travelled to Syria, Cenchreae, Ephesus, Antioch, Galatia and Phrygia; (v24-27) Apollos came to Ephesus and wanted to leave for Achaia. Who is co-ordinating everyone’s role and movement? Who is co-ordinating your role and movement in your life?
Take a trip back from the day you believed in Jesus and received Him as Lord and Saviour. In what ways has God been at work in your life? Who has He directed you to and what has become of him/her? Where/who do you think he is leading you to?