ENGAGING DOCTOR LUKE
You are keen on the upcoming mission trip. But there are questions to ask: Why should you go? How should you prepare? What should be your message?
Jesus sent 72* Witnesses a mission - what can we learn from them?
READING LUKE 10:1-24
Before you begin on Reflection, imagine you are one of the 72. What are some of your thoughts before you set on your way? (Journal)
1. From verses 1-12, what was the mission of the 70 followers? What was their preparation, especially about provision? What is the lesson of ‘faith’ here?
2. In v5 - 9, Jesus told them what to do when welcomed, and in v10 - 16, what to do when rejected. How would you apply this principle today? (Who were the people truly welcoming & rejecting?)
3. From v17-20, how did the 70 describe their mission experience? How did Jesus respond to their report? From v23, what was it that the 70 saw that was a blessing to them? What did they witness?
4. From this account, what & who is to be the source of the disciples’ joy? Why? (v20 - 21)
5. Why did Jesus say he was sending them out “like lambs in the midst of wolves” in v 3? Do you feel like a lamb in the midst of wolves? Why /why not?
Where / How is Jesus asking you to be His witness? What will it mean for you to respond to his call? Do you see the plentiful harvest? As a Christian, what are you rejoicing about?
*Some text says 70