ENGAGING DOCTOR LUKE
WITNESSING A FAREWELL
Think of the last time someone you love said his/her final farewell. What was the most significant this person said? How did it affect your life? The Elders of Ephesus witnessed Paul’s Farewell. What do you think would be most memorable & important for them?
READING ACTS 20
1. Read Acts 20:13-38. What part of this passage do you find to be thought-provoking and interesting?
2. In v19, Paul said he had served Jesus with great humility. When representing Jesus, humility is the primary characteristic. How do we grow in humility?
3. Read v24, 26 & 27. Why was Paul burdened to preach the gospel? How does a burden for the gospel grow in our lives? (Look at the lives of the Apostles through the Book of Acts)
4. V28. Paul challenged the elders to watch over the flock. But before they could watch over the flock, they first had to watch over themselves. What does it mean for us to watch over ourselves?
5. The role of Elders/Pastors is challenging. It is a big responsibility to look after a church as well as living up to a high call according to the scriptures. What role can you play in helping and supporting the Elders/Pastors in their responsibilities?
As Paul said goodbye to the Ephesian elders, he is confident about his character. He said that he served the Lord with great humility. How would you describe your character? What part of your character would you like to see develop and grow? If you were to say goodbye to a group of people what would say about you, once you left?