ENGAGING DOCTOR LUKE
LUKE, THE INVESTIGATOR. (READING LUKE 1:1-4)
Take a journey back to the First Time you heard the name, Jesus. In your mind, travel from that Day to the Present. What has your Story with Jesus been? Before we engage the Gospel of Luke, it’s important to reflect on our own story with Jesus. Write this down in your JOURNAL . All of us have a story about our knowledge of and relationship with Jesus. There may be ups and downs but that’s okay. Perhaps Luke can set some things straight for us.
1. Turn to Luke’s own introduction to his Gospel, Luke 1:1-4. What do you learn about the Gospel of Luke in these verses?
2. Who do you think some of these “eyewitnesses” might be?
3. In verse 3 Luke tells us he wrote to Theophilus. Who was Theophilus & why did Luke write to him?
4. Why was it important that Luke’s emphasized on “talking to eyewitnesses and writing an orderly account”?
5. Suppose Luke just came in the door of your room and told you excitedly about his investigation. What would be some questions you would have?
What do you want most to learn or experience about Jesus in 2022?